REGULATIONS XXI - 2014
01) The "Antiqua Marca Firmana"
Cultural Centre, with the support of the Municipality of Fermo, "Cassa di Risparmio di Fermo" Foundation, Carifermo
S.p.A. of Fermo, Marche Region, Fermo Province, Chamber of Commerce of Fermo and other Supporters organizes the 21st edition of the International Violin Competition
"Andrea Postacchini ".
02) The Competition will take
place at the Aquila Theatre of Fermo (Marche - Italy) from May 24th
to 31st, 2014; registration deadline March 29th, 2014.
03) Violinists of all nationalities
can take part in the Competition.
04) The Competition is divided
into the following categories:
Category - A for those born between
2003 - 2006;
Category - B for those born between
1998 - 2002;
Category - C for those born between
1993 - 1997;
Category - D for those born between
1979 - 1992;
it is possible to choose a higher category, but not a lower one.
05) The registration to the competition allows the treatment of candidate's personal information, as set out in Article 13 of Law Decree No. 196 / 2003, for the purposes of effective management of artistic / cultural relationships.
06) Each examination will be public;
access and entry of the public during auditions is forbidden.
07) The programme sending cannot
be modified (see: PROGRAMME XXI - 2014).
08) The Jury may decide to listen
to only a part of the programme presented.
09) Competitors must attend
the roll-call of their category at the Venue of the Competition (Aquila Theatre / via Mazzini, 6 / Fermo) provided of a document of identity in progress of validity.
10) Competitors who are absent
at the moment of the roll-call will be excluded from the Competition.
11) The Commission's judgement
is definitive, incontrovertible and cannot be appealed. The admission
of competitors from the eliminatory tests to the following ones will be decided by a majority vote of the Jury in terms of pass or fail. For the finals, instead, candidates will be evaluated through marks from 1 to 10 (divisible into quarters of point), expressed by the Jury members,
to be reported in a voting card. The final outcome will
result from the average of the marks assigned by each Jury member after discarding the highest and lowest marks. The Jury may decide not to award prizes in case it reckons that no candidate deserve it.
12) The definitive timetable (roll-calls
and tests) for all categories will be published (within April 30th, 2014) on websites: www.concorsopostacchini.com/www.concorsopostacchini.it/ww.stringscompetition.com.
13) The drawing of a single letter
will determine the alphabetical order of execution of all competition trials based on the surname initials of the candidates.
14) The Jury will be composed
of seven voting members, chosen from well-known musicians, and will be assisted by the organizing Cultural Centre and by possible secretaries without right of vote.
15) Should the competitor be a
relative or student of a member of the commission, he or she cannot participate to the Competition. In compliance with the applicable rules each member of Jury must issue a statement on his or her personal situation regarding the competitors.
16) The accompanying pianists of the Competition
are: Mrs. Cesarina Compagnoni, Mr. Fabio Centanni, Mr. Sergio De Simone (in the application form: select YES for requiring
a Competition pianist; select NO for participating with a personal pianist).
17) Prizes, scholarships and concert
prizes (see: PRIZES XXI - 2014):
a) all the prizes and scholarships
b) other prizes and concerts may
be awarded by the winners;
c) the concert prizes include
full reimbursement of round trip and accomodation/food costs; in case of refusal of the date of the awarded concert the right to the prize is lost.
18) The Award and
Concert of the Winners Evening will take place on May
31st, 2014 (9h:00 p.m.) at the Aquila Theatre of Fermo, the "Orchestra Filarmonica Marchigiana (.filarmonicamarchigiana.com) will accompany only the winner of Category - D or other winner unquestionably pointed out by the Jury.
19) All Winners
will however be obliged to be present
to the "Award Evening" at the Aquila Theatre, where the selected persons will play in the Concert of the Winners, otherwise the prize is forfeited.
20) Consent of the artist and exclusive property right:
a) participants to the competition (and their legal representatives in case of minors) give their consent to the Cultural Center Antiqua Marca Firmana for photographic, video, audio-video and audio shootings of the participant and his/her performance, in all stages of the Competition including the “Award Evening and Winners Concert” and all subsidiary events, in public or private sites;
b) consent to photographic, video, audio-video and audio shootings is given by participants to the Competition and by their legal representatives also for interviews with journalists of all media, press, television, radio and internet;
c) participants to the competition (and their legal representatives in case of minors) recognize to the Cultural Center Antiqua Marca Firmana the right of intellectual property of photographic, video, audio-video and audio shootings of their performance, during all stages of the Competition, including the “Award Evening and Winners Concert” and all subsidiary events in public or private sites and interviews given to media in all occasions of the whole competition. The Cultural Center Antiqua Marca Firmana will therefore have the right to freely and exclusively use the aforementioned photographic shootings, the video, audio-video and audio recordings with every form prescribed by the law on copyright, including the one on dissemination and unlimited direct reproduction with every technological means and through third parties, authorized by the Cultural Center Antiqua Marca Firmana also upon payment;
d) consent to photographic, video, audio-video, shootings, and to audio recordings and to their reproduction and dissemination is free and is given to the Cultural Center Antiqua Marca Firmana without any legal burden and economic cost for the latter.
21) The registration to the Competition
can be done sending to Centro Culturale Antiqua Marca Firmana:
• or by consignments to viale Trento Nunzi,
50 / 63900 Fermo (FM) / Marche - Italia;
• or by fax to + 39.0734.224137;
• or by e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org;
within March 29th, 2014 (forwarding date will be considered) the following documents:
a) application form taken by our
brochure or copy of it (completed in typed or capital letters) or preferably fill in and send online application form taken from one of following websites:
www.concorsopostacchini.com / www.concorsopostacchini.it / www.stringscompetition.com;
b) copy or preferably scanning of a document
of identity in progress of validity;
c) copy or preferably scanning of the receipt of payment of 90,00
€ net for Categories - A and B and of 100,00 € net for Categories - C and D, payment can be made:
• or by postal order to "Centro
Culturale Antiqua Marca Firmana";
• or by bank cheque
addressed to "Centro Culturale Antiqua Marca Firmana";
• or by bank transfer to "Centro
Culturale Antiqua Marca Firmana", with the following coordinates:
IT53H0615069450CC0011006882 - B.I.C. CRFEIT3FXXX, bank:
SpA / via Don E. Ricci, 1 / 63900 Fermo (FM) / Marche - Italia.
all expenses and commissions
must be borne by sender.
d) Photocopies of the piano scores
of the pieces presented at the Competition (sonatas and concerts in programme excluded) in case the
competitor requires the accompanying pianist to the Organization (whose fee of 80,00 € net must be forwarded together with the fee of his category). Photocopies are mandatory for those who plan to perform a piece of 20th or 21st century (2 copies). Send photocopies by mail to Centro Culturale Antiqua Marca Firmana / viale Trento Nunzi, 50 / 63900
Fermo (FM) / Marche - Italia, or send scanning of the piano scores to e-mail: email@example.com.
e) Admission fees and those for Competition accompanying pianists
(selected by the Organization) will be refunded only in case of cancellation of the Competition or of any of its categories.
22) In case of dispute only the Italian text reproduced on the following websites:
www.concorsopostacchini.com / www.concorsopostacchini.it / www.stringscompetition.com, will be considered valid.
23) The Court of Fermo will have jurisdiction over any possible dispute.
24) Participants to the Competition (and on their behalf their legal representatives in case of minors) exempt the Cultural Center Antiqua Marca Firmana and persons acting for and on its behalf in the organization of the Competition from the civil responsibility for damages that participant may suffer to person and things for incidents that may occur during transfers to reach all public and private sites used for the implementation of the whole event, as far as for facts that may occur in the whole period of the event itself.
25) The application to
the Competition is considered as unconditional and full acceptance of Regulations XXI - 2014, composed by 25 articles (deifinitive release - Fermo, November 27th, 2013).
Provisional Tests Calendar:
• May 24th and 25th, 2014 - Eliminatory Test: Category - D;
• May 26th and 27th, 2014 - Eliminatory Test: Category - C;
• May 28th, 2014 - Semifinal: Category - D;
• May 29th, 2014 - Eliminatory Test: Category - B and Final: Category - C;
• May 30th, 2014 - Finals: Category - B and Category - D;
• May 31st, 2014 - Single Test: Category - A;
• May 31st, 2014 - 9h:00 p.m. - Award and Concert of the Winners Evening.
Information for Accommodation:
• Hotel Astoria, tel. +39.0734.228601
/ fax +39.0734.228602
firstname.lastname@example.org / www.hotelastoriafermo.it
• Bed & Breakfast "BB1912", tel. and fax +39.0734.623214
email@example.com / www.bb1912.it
• Bed & Breakfast "Palazzo Romani Adami", mobilphone +39.338.8811300
firstname.lastname@example.org / www.palazzoromaniadami.com
• Bed & Breakfast "il nido", mobilphone: +39.3389977642 / +39.347.0131854
email@example.com / www.bbilnido.it
• Bed & Breakfast "Sapienza", mobilphone: +39.333.2216764
firstname.lastname@example.org / www.bbsapienza.com
• In family (limited number, bed only - without
breakfast), reserve (within
April 30th, 2014) to